Lawsuit against actor Dhanush quashed

Posted by baynews on Apr 21st, 2017 and filed under National News. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback to this entry

Lawsuit against actor Dhanush quashed
Lawsuit against actor Dhanush quashed
Madurai, 4/21
The Madras High Court on Friday allowed
the plea of Tamil actor Dhanush for
quashing an elderly couple’s lawsuit
claiming that he was their runaway son and
seeking maintenance.
After hearing both the sides, Justice P N
Prakash of the court’s Madurai bench
rejected the couple’s submissions and said
their statement was false as claimed by
the actor.
The high court had earlier reserved its
order on Dhanush’s petition against the
couple’s lawsuit in a magisterial court.
The counsel for the couple said they would
appeal against the order.
The couple, R Kathiresan (65) and
Meenakshi (53), had moved the Melur
judicial magistrate court claiming that
Dhanush was their son.
They claimed Dhanush was their third son
and also sought a monthly maintenance of
Rs 65,000, saying they were in a very poor
financial position.
They had submitted that Dhanush was a
school boy when he ran away to Chennai to
get into the film world. They could not
trace him then and recognised him while
watching a movie.
Their efforts to meet him in Chennai did
not succeed, they said.
However, the actor denied the submissions.
A medical report was filed last month in
response to the court’s directive for
medical verification of Dhanush’s
identification marks in the wake of the
couple’s claim.
Earlier on March 2, the high court had
stayed the Melur magisterial court
proceedings.
The couple had also claimed that the
documents filed by Dhanush’s parents such
as birth and transfer certificates and ID
marks were fake and fabricated.
Post your comments
Madurai, 4/21
The Madras High Court on Friday allowed

the plea of Tamil actor Dhanush for

quashing an elderly couple’s lawsuit

claiming that he was their runaway son and

seeking maintenance.
After hearing both the sides, Justice P N

Prakash of the court’s Madurai bench

rejected the couple’s submissions and said

their statement was false as claimed by

the actor.
The high court had earlier reserved its

order on Dhanush’s petition against the

couple’s lawsuit in a magisterial court.
The counsel for the couple said they would

appeal against the order.
The couple, R Kathiresan (65) and

Meenakshi (53), had moved the Melur

judicial magistrate court claiming that

Dhanush was their son.
They claimed Dhanush was their third son

and also sought a monthly maintenance of

Rs 65,000, saying they were in a very poor

financial position.
They had submitted that Dhanush was a

school boy when he ran away to Chennai to

get into the film world. They could not

trace him then and recognised him while

watching a movie.
Their efforts to meet him in Chennai did

not succeed, they said.
However, the actor denied the submissions.
A medical report was filed last month in

response to the court’s directive for

medical verification of Dhanush’s

identification marks in the wake of the

couple’s claim.
Earlier on March 2, the high court had

stayed the Melur magisterial court

proceedings.
The couple had also claimed that the

documents filed by Dhanush’s parents such

as birth and transfer certificates and ID

marks were fake and fabricated.
Post your comments

Leave a Reply

Copyright © 2010,All rights reserved at baynews.in. Powered By Expert Web Worx
Follow us on :